Friday, June 15, 2012

HOTWIRE is a rip-off

Have you ever bought an item-a car, a TV, a tool etc. and few days later is
goes on sale for 50% less? What do you do? Take it to the place of
purchase and ask that you be afforded the new discounted price. 9 out of 10
vendors will honor the request as good business practice. NOT HOTWIRE. All
sales are final when you rent a car. So here is what happened to me. I
rent a car a week ago. Yesterday, the same car is available for the same
time period on HOTWIRE for 50% less. I call and ask if they will afford me
the courtesy of the new discounted price. They not only say NO, but hell
NO. At the new discounted rate, the savings for the two week rental would
be significant and you would think that in today's highly competitive
marketplace, Hotwire would be more flexible. NOT. They have lost me as a
customer forever and let this note be WARNING to you all. Share if you have
had a similar experience with HOTWIRE!