Saturday, May 21, 2016

No more bait and switch

@amazon am writing to formally complain about Quality Green Products, one of the vendors selling product on Amazon.  I was looking for specific spice in a specific bottle.  Had purchased some of the same years back at a now defunct specialty grocery store.  Here is the link of what I was specifically looking for http://smile.amazon.com/Spice-Hunter-Garam-Marsala-1-8-Ounces/dp/B001EO5Y2A?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I was pleased to find finally find it again and proceeded to order the product.  Paid for shipping as well.  When the package arrived a couple of weeks later and much to my dismay, the order was fulfilled with a blend spice.  Here is the link  http://smile.amazon.com/Spice-Hunter-Garam-Masala-1-8-Ounce/dp/B00BEQONAM?ie=UTF8&keywords=spice%20hunter%20garam%20masala%20blend&qid=1463863103&ref_=sr_1_1_a_it&sr=8-1

And included here is the picture of the product received.  http://smile.amazon.com/Spice-Hunter-Garam-Marsala-1-8-Ounces/dp/B001EO5Y2A/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1463863259&sr=8-2&keywords=spice+hunter+garam+masala

Here is the chronology of events:

1)      Upon receipt on Wednesday May 18th 2016, I contacted Amazon and they said the refund would be processed and I will hear from the seller

2)      I received a note from the seller on May 19th asking what was wrong and I told them it was not what I ordered

3)      Replied and advised that it was the wrong product

4)      On Friday, May 20th, since I had not heard anything more, I contacted Amazon

5)      I was assured that the credit to my account was forthcoming

6)      On Friday May  20th evening, I got a note from Amazon saying that my claim had been denied

7)      I called again and was once more reassured the credit for the product was forthcoming and that I would receive an RMA label from seller

8)      This morning, I had another email saying that my claim was denied

9)      I called Amazon again and was showered with profuse apologies and assured that the credit would be forthcoming

10)   An hour later I was advised via email that claim was denied

11)   I called again early afternoon and the Amazon rep hung up on me

12)   So I called again and Abba took the time to listen and escalate the issue

So here is the issue_

1)      If you order a box of Godiva chocolates and I  send you a Hershey Bar, will you accept it?

2)      No you won’t

3)      Why

4)      Because it is not what you ordered-Godiva chocolate

5)      But I say to you-it is chocolate and meets the definition and description of the product ordered

6)      Would you accept the product?

7)      I don’t think so

Your criteria states:

“2)  When the buyer received the item, but the item was materially different than as depicted in the seller's description.”

Again, is it garam masala?  Yes.  Is it what I ordered? NO

The product fulfilled is a blend available on Prime for half the price.  If that is what I wanted, I would  have ordered it and not waited two weeks for delivery or paid for shipping.

Again, are you are willing to accept a Hershey bar because it’s “chocolate” instead of the Godiva which you ordered?  No

Well I am not willing to accept a blend product that I can buy locally for the half the price or could have ordered it to begin with when the spice I want is what the seller displayed on the web site.  You see, as a professional chef, I can tell the difference in taste between the two much like you can tell the difference between cheap and expensive chocolate.

Let me know if you have any questions.

 

#amazon #qualitygreenproductsfail #amazonfail