Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday evening bitch session!

Well, here we go. For years, many of you along with me have been engaged in
social media. Most if not all of us are in one way or another connected on
LinkedIn. I have nearly 11,000 first level contacts and if LinkedIn's
statistics are correct, in one way or another I am connected to millions of
people. Every month for the last six years, we write to LinkedIn requesting
an additional allotment of invitations so we can continue to grow our
networks. And in 48-72 hours, as LinkedIn's service standard states, the
additional invite allotment is provided and we are on our way to happy
networking. So, what's the bitch you ask? Well, three weeks ago, I went
through the same routine. A few days passed and I inquired on the status. A
few more days passed and I pressed the issue. Once again I am asked to be
patient and the matter will be dealt with in 48-72 hours. Two weeks have
passed with no action and you begin to see my frustration. So I ask for the
third time. Holy smokes! I get an email back telling me how busy they are
and perhaps it be better I drop the issue and request since enough time has
passed since the original email and THEY assume the matter resolved. You
have got to be kidding right! I think it's a practical joke....but...NO.
This is the real thing! Needless to say I inform them that the matter is not
resolved and I am still waiting to clear up my backlog of friends waiting to
join my network. Three more days have passed and not a word. So, I ask you,
have any of you experienced this nonsense? Write me at
info@bjglobalenterprises.com